Wednesday 28 February 2018

G Suite Gems 18: Don't Do It Yourself (with videos)

Don't Do It Yourself!

1. Explore for great slide design
 If you don't like the designs offered to you as standard in Slides, use the Explore option to create some more for you



2. Creating easy organisational charts in Google Sheets 

Avoid spending ages fiddling around with layouts and updating when staff or structures change.


3. Add an automatic table of contents in Google Docs
It's like actual magic!



 4. Fake sites for evaluating with students
Check out these great AND CURRENT sites for teaching students about evaluating web sources - originally shared by Eric Curts   Fake sites - hours saved searching for or even creating suitable resources. I particularly like this one, sounds very dangerous!


5. Make the students think
I love this kind of approach to thinking and they make great starters or points for discussion around learning. Here's an example, I can't remember where I came across this but show this to your students and see what THEY can tell YOU about what it is telling us. Enjoy!
what patterns can you see? It's a great way to represent familiar material in unfamiliar ways to boost independent thinking.


I've recently set up a Youtube Channel
I'm always open to feedback and suggestions so please feel free to drop me a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment